The Academy for Critical Incident Analysis has been established by the Dart Foundation at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. The leadership of the Academy is provided by the ACIA Council, an Executive Committee, and an Executive Director.
ACIA Executive Director, Project Officers and Staff
- Executive Director: Victor Herbert. Ed.D.
- Administrative Assistants: Lisa Rodriguez and Caroline McMahon
- Associate Director and Archive Director: Richard Schwester, Ph.D.
- Archive Graduate Scholar:
- Executive Committee
- two faculty members to be selected
The ACIA Council
The ACIA Council is comprised of people who are noteworthy in the professions and disciplines related to critical incident analysis, along with the John Jay faculty members who are on the Executive Committee and the Executive Director. The role of the Advisory Council is to provide strategic oversight and advice concerning ACIA projects, initiatives and publications. The current Chair of the ACIA Council is Professor Ned Benton.
ACIA Council Public Members and Terms
- Erik Goodman, Ph.D. AY 2008-2009 through AY 2010-2011, and AY 2011-2012 through AY 2013-2014
- Bruce Shapiro, AY 2009-2010 through AY 2011-2012
- John Ryan, Ph.D. AY 2010-2011 through Ay 2012-2013
- Elizabeth Kirby, Ed.D., AY 2012-2013 through AY 2015-2016
- Steve Gorelick, Ph.D.AY 2011-2012 through AY 2013-2014
ACIA Council Faculty Members and Terms
- Gabrielle Salfati, Ph.D., AY 2008-2009 through AY 2010-2011, and AY 2001-2012 through AY 2013-2014
- Glenn Corbett, P.E., AY 2008-2009 and AY 2010-2011 through AY 2012-2013
- Richard Curtis, Ph.D. AY 2008-2009 and AY 2010-2011 through AY 2012-2013
- Denise Thompson, Ph.D., AY 2011-2012 and AY 2012-2013 through AY 2014-2015
- Rod Colvin, Ph.D., AY 2010-2011 through AY 2012-2013
- Ned Benton, Ph.D., AY 2008-2009 through AY 2010-2011, and AY 2001-2012 through AY 2013-2014 – Council Chair